Delta-T is providing mechanical engineering services to an office renovation at the Regional District of Central Kootenay’s facility in Nelson, BC. The design ensures that the HVAC and fire suppression systems are modified to suit the new office layout in order to ensure a comfortable and safe office environment.
Delta-T recently completed an HVAC assessment report for a 100 year old building in Rossland, BC. The report outlined feasible solutions to improve the buildings heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system for the building’s third floor tenant space. The analysis involved building heat gain and loss calculations as well as determination of ventilation requirements according to ASHRAE 62.1 . Estimated construction costs were provided to assist the tenant in their decision process moving forward.
Delta-T is involved in ongoing upgrade projects at the Vernon Recreation Centre. Currently a new domestic hot water heating system is being installed to provide consistent hot water to the various showers and plumbing fixtures throughout the facility. Design is also underway for a newly renovated kitchen exhaust system to serve their auditorium. The design is to comply with NFPA 96 to ensure proper fire suppression and ventilation. Projects recently completed include:
- Modifications to the lap pool heating system to improve performance
- Boiler replacement with high-efficient condensing boiler
- Reroofing and roof drain replacement
- Auditorium corridor ventilation system
- Front office renovation sprinkler system modification
Delta-T is designing the HVAC and plumbing systems for a grocery store located in Elkford, BC.
Delta-T is involved in an expansion project at the Manteo Resort in Kelowna, BC. The design includes the plumbing and HVAC design surrounding the common outdoor pool and spa. Design includes:
- Ensuring pool design conforms to the pool regulations to complete the IHA approval process
- Domestic water supply to the washrooms, showers, and drinking fountains
- Sanitary and venting system for plumbing fixtures
- Footing drains
- Gas fired hot water heating systems
- Exhaust and HVAC systems for washrooms, chemical storage room, and pool equipment room